QUESTION: IS "NIKITA" MISSING THAT SPECIAL TOUCH?

12:02 PM / Posted by RyShel Admin /

14 March 2011,
Here's the latest Nikita news from TV Guide:
Question: I know this is vague, but do you know what is wrong with Nikita as a TV show? Because something is missing and I can't put my finger on it. The actors are all high quality, the writing seems to have found its niche, and the production values are better than most. Yet the show doesn't seem to grab people. I've recommended it to friends, only to find they watch a couple of episodes and then sort of forget about it. When I ask why, they can't really tell me and usually even say they liked the show. Just not enough, apparently. Even in my own experience I can feel there's a problem. I like the show but it certainly isn't on par with the first season of Alias. But again I don't know why. I just know something isn't there. — Tom

You can read the full response to this question at TV Guide, about half way down the page.

Labels: , , ,

1 comments:

Comment by Zara on March 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Really? I watched all of Alias' seasons and undeniably it was the best spy dramas back then given the plots were heavily twisted. Is it because Nikita isn't blonde or brunette? Well that's the thing, people shouldn't be stereotypes and perceive Maggie Q in that sort of angle. We all know Maggie Q is perfect for the role considering her experiences in action flicks. She even speaks great English..well better actually, not just in movies/dramas but as a real person. If compared to another spy drama on another network like Chuck and Covert Affairs; yes I'd prefer Chuck over Covert Affairs. Covert Affairs is rather stale for me. But Chuck is an action-romantic-comedy spy drama. It has 'Sarah' as his sidekick. People like that. Most guys like that. Even their romance only bloom in the 2nd season. But honestly it was long wait. My brother likes Chuck. I actually convinced him to watch the few episodes Nikita. Then when I got Ep. 12-16 recently, I wondered he didnt ask for it. Damn! I guess it's a guy thang. Where as us girls we like more bad ass chick as the hero kicking butts on the bad guys. Same thing in movies, there are more guy heros than girl heroes. Where are the girl heroes? Will that only happen if Angelina Jolie plays those roles, just because both guys and girls dig her! Maggie Q is no different. Her acting experiences, her charm, beauty and brains can be greater. Being labelled as an 'Asian', well the Westerns should give a nod and admit that it's not easy to find an actress as hard working and good as Maggie Q. She has the whole package. So move on! Nikita's writer, Craig Silverstein is a good writer. Perhaps he could talk to J.J. Abrams, maybe they can work things out together and make the show greater than better! Just a thought!

-Z-

Post a Comment